Thursday, June 23, 2011

FaceBook

Thanks to my fellow etsy artists ,my items feature quite a lot in etsy treasuries,here is one of the MOST original clusters I've ever been at-Facebook gathered by a VERY creative jewelry designer  Hagarae

Have I mention that Hagarae is a very creative jewelry maker ? 
Yes, well see it in your own eyes-so much lovely patterns and bright and colorful designs-you can't NOT to fall in love with
Here are some of my favorites


cool ha :)

And now,quick introduction to the colorful artist and how all this beauty started-
My love for textile, buttons, beads, lace and ribbons goes back very far to the time when I was a little girl visiting my grandma's house. My grandma had a room full of cupboards of all sizes and colors in which she piled her treasures that had come all the way from Germany back in 1939. It included fur coats, stray keys, strings, mother of pearl and crystal buttons from her father's shop, lace along with cotton night gowns and linen she had received for her wedding.
This room was my paradise.
When I grew up I followed my love and became a textile designer.
Many of the necklaces are made from second hand neckties. Neckties were always a mystery to me. No man in my environment has ever used one. Undoing this unknown object, using its tiny beautiful, colorful prints and turning it into female decorations was a challenge to my imagination.
I try to use as many recycled, reused or second hand materials as possible.
Every article is hand cut, ironed and stitched by hand in my home studio with great love and care. I do hope you are going to love it.

Well Hagar, I sure am-I'm LOVING it ALL!!!
Wish you lots of great success and LOTS of vintage neckties :) 
bear_hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment